Below is a list of guidelines for rehearsals and performances that allow you to plan in advance.
- All performers need to be at the centre by 3:00 pm on the Gala Day.
- Rehearsal will be from 3.30pm-4.30pm
- A meal break for students and teachers is scheduled from 4.30pm-5.30pm
- The evening will begin at 6:00 pm. Supervising teachers are to remain with their schools at all times. This includes two teacher on the floor and two in the stands. Finalists will remain on the floor throughout the competition, sitting in designated zones under the instruction of dance tutor and school teacher.
- Each school will be given a designated area to sit to watch the finalists and to keep bags etc. The dinner meal will also be distributed at 4pm to and eaten in this area.
- Please ensure that all performers are dressed (including makeup) ready for the practice at the State Sports Centre by 3.30pm.
- Ensure everyone is aware of the regulations around costuming are adhered to as failure to comply may result in finalists not being considered in the judging beyond the first round.
- Are to enter the dance floor under the direct instruction and guidance of the supervising teacher at all times.
- Movement from the floor and to the seated area is to be done as quietly as possible.
- Eat only in the stands, food will be collected by individual school teachers and delivered to students at the appropriate times.
- During dance items, everyone is highly visible. A high standard of behaviour is expected at all times.
- At the conclusion of the Gala Evening, all students will be dismissed at a designated spot outside the centre. If students are not returning to school on a bus, ensure parents understand that they need to have their child’s name marked off the roll with the supervising teacher.